Confessions of a Murder Suspect

Confessions of a Murder Suspect  - Maxine Paetro, James Patterson It's been a long time since I've picked up a James Patterson novel, and it turns out I've missed him!This was my first foray into his young adult writings and I really quite enjoyed it. We are introduced to the Angel Family who are anything but angels, and who you could never call "normal". One morning, 16 year old twins Tandy and Harris and their 10 year old brother Hugo awake to find their parents dead in their bed. There is no forced entry into the apartment and noone hears a thing. They along with their mother Maud's assistant Samantha, are the only ones home. So it must have been one of them right?Or could it have been their older brother Matty, the star football player that hasn't spoken to his parents in months? He could have snuck in during the night...he has a key. Or could it be one of the disgruntled neighbours? Possible....or one of the angry investors who were accusing Maud of fraud?Could it have been Uncle Peter? He would have the most to gain....or so it would seem. He is the co-owner of Angel Pharmaseuticals and with father Malcolm dead, he would control all patents to the drugs that they have been lab testing on the children. Wait....parents who lab test on their children? Really? Does that explain the superior focus, strength and intellegence of these children? The book was fast-paced and unique. The short chapters egg the reader on to finish "just one more" before putting it down and before you know it, you're awaiting a sequel...Bring it on Patterson!!!