Contemporary World Fiction: A Guide to Literature in Translation

Contemporary World Fiction: A Guide to Literature in Translation - Keren Dali, Juris Dilevko, Glenda Garbutt This was one of the most unique books I've ever read. I found it very tough to rate though.Firstly, I hate math and I hate baseball and this story was woven around both. The funny thing is, I really enjoyed this book despite that!The book is about a housekeeper who works for a Professor of Mathematics. The problem is that the Professor had a car accident which resulted in a head injury and has no recent memory. His memory lasts exactly 80 minutes and then re-records itself.Together they build a unique bond while re-introducing themselves to each other daily. The book moved at a steady pace throughout, no real climax to the story. I found some of the baseball talk a little boring but luckily the author knew when to quit and move on.Overall, not a thrilling page turner, but a beautiful almost poetic book that makes you look at the world and numbers in general, in an entirely new light.