The Duke's Perfect Wife (Mackenzies Series)

The Duke's Perfect Wife  - Jennifer Ashley I would probably give this one a 3.5. This is the 4th book in the series and focuses on the eldest MacKenzie brother Hart. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book as Hart in previous books was always portrayed as a cold, manipulative man. In this book however, Hart's history is revealed and we see the events of past that lead to the man he has become. We learn about his cruel upbringing in great depth, the tragic secrets he lives with to ensure his brothers were kept safe and together, the loss of his wife Sarah and son Graham, and the history of his relationship with Eleanor Ramsey. Hart is leading a coalition party and is in line to become the next prime minister, he has reconnected with Eleanor under unusual circumstances and vows to make her his wife. The only problem is that after all this time, Hart is learning he is unable to control everything and everyone. After numerous assasination attempts (one of which almost takes the life of Eleanor), Hart is forced to take stock of his life in the most unexpected place.In comparison to the other books in the series, this one definitely has more action and is much faster paced. It took me awhile to warm to Eleanor's character (I found her rather annoying at times) but overall Hart's story was my surprise favorite and causes me to re-think how I rated the previous books.