Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell This book was the perfect trip back to your teenage years. Awkward first love, The Smiths and the awesome fads of the 80's.

Eleanor comes from a very dysfunctional home. Her step dad is an addict that keeps the rest of the family in a constant state of fear. All 6 of them live in a tiny run down house....no phone, no cable and only a partition sheet separating the bathroom from the kitchen. Eleanor herself is strange. She has fire red hair and wears extremely odd outfits all the time.

Park is a half Korean, middle class 16 year old. He faces the usual teenage issues with parents but otherwise leads a pretty easy existence.

Needless to say, it was not love at first sight. But slowly, over the course of sharing a seat on the bus everyday, Eleanor and Park realize they need each other. And slowly they forge a relationship despite all the obstacles.

After all, things aren't always what they appear.

A great book to remind us all that it's what's on the inside that counts, to be who you are regardless. You couldn't help but feel sorry for Eleanor...but at the same time she was admirable.

My only real complaint was the ending...I wanted more! What happens next?? It's sweet, but I wanted a glimpse into their future.