Reflected in You - Sylvia Day

I have mixed feelings about this book. The first half left me in a state of disbelief. Although Eva continues to insist she's in love with Gideon, their relationship remains focused on sex with no communication. Normal? No. Healthy? Definitely not.

The second half was the redeeming factor in this book. Cary is the victim of a vicious attack which leaves him hospitalized. Gideon becomes more and more distant with no visible explanation...his ex-fiance, Corrine, is suddenly back in the picture. But why? Eva decides to break things off and Gideon's only response is "wait". Wait for what exactly?

Then one night the detectives come. Nathan Barker is dead. Coincidence or not? And how does this tie everything together?

The biggest revelation in this book is we finally find out what happened to Gideon when he was a child. This alone was worth trudging through the first half of the book for.

The ending? Explosive.

Overall, I enjoyed this book better than the first "Bared to You". The plot was better and had more substance. The relationship is still maddening, but I'm curious to see where it goes from here.